Why Convert Oil to Gas
With the United States becoming the #1 producer of natural gas in the world, conversions from heating oil to natural gas have become increasingly popular for homeowners looking to reduce energy bills and burn cleaner fuel.
Each year energy providers are expanding the reach of their pipelines, allowing more and more homes and businesses the opportunity to connect at little or no cost. In doing so, the freedom to choose a more convenient source of energy has become available to millions of business and homeowners around the country.
Reasons to Convert Oil to Gas
- CONVENIENCE: Natural gas is piped directly to your home or building, removing the hassles associated with scheduling heating oil deliveries.
- EASIER TO BUDGET: Natural gas is available on demand, so you’ll only pay for what you actually use –after you use it. Doing so allows more consistency in your monthly budget and does away with the hassles of committing to more heating oil than you’ll need for the season.
- COST OF OPERATION: Oil, as a commodity heavily influenced by global conflicts and natural disasters, has very unstable prices that often increase by double digit percentages overnight; without warning. Natural gas provides much more stable pricing patterns and is far less contingent on matters of conflict.
- CLEANER BURNING: Natural gas burns cleaner than oil and emits 30% less emissions into our environment.
- NO ODOR: If you’re currently heating with oil, you’re well aware of the soot and smell that an become present in the building or home. Switching to natural gas eliminates these two negative factors altogether.
- PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE EXPENSES: Natural gas customers can avoid the annual expense of maintaining a pump, filter and tune-ups associated (and often required) of oil burners. *Consult your local contractor for necessary annual maintenance.
If you’re interested in learning more about converting from oil to natural gas, find a distributor who can put you in touch with an experienced professional contractor in your area.