Combustion Burner Warranties
LIMITED WARRANTIES FOR OIL AND GAS BURNERS, MADE BY WAYNE AND USED IN RESIDENTIAL INSTALLATIONS
WAYNE COMBUSTION SYSTEMS (“WAYNE”) warrants to those who purchase its Oil Burner Models for resale or for incorporation into a product of resale, that its burner is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for thirty-six (36) months from the date of manufacture. ALL GAS BURNERS manufactured by “WAYNE” will be similarly warranted for eighteen(18) months from date of manufacture except where original manufacture offers a greater warranty. (Reference #6 below) THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY UNLESS THE BURNER COVERED BY IT IS PROPERLY INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED, COMPETENT TECHNICIAN, WHO IS LICENSED WHERE STATE AND/OR LOCAL CODES PREVAIL, AND WHO IS EXPERIENCED IN MAKING SUCH INSTALLATIONS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH NFPA #31 OF THE NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL LOCAL, STATE AND NATIONAL CODES.
Any IN-WARRANTY burner component which is defective in material or workmanship will be either repaired or replaced as follows:
- Fuel units, motors, transformers, gas valves, and controls should be returned to an authorized service station or distributor of WAYNE for determination of applicability of this LIMITED WARRANTY as to either repair or replacement, where said service station or distributor is reasonably available in the customer’s locality. The manufacturers of burner components regularly publish and distribute listings showing the locations of their network of service stations. Where such local service is NOT available for the burner components described above or other burner parts are involved, these items should be returned, freight prepaid, to WAYNE Service Department, 801 Glasgow Ave, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46803.
- Burners and/or component(s) determined to be covered under this LIMITED WARRANTY by WAYNE shall be repaired or replaced at WAYNE’s sole option.
- WAYNE is not responsible for any labor cost for the removal and replacement of said burner or burner components and equipment associated therewith.
- A burner so repaired will then carry the LIMITED WARRANTY equal to the unexpired portion of the original burner LIMITED WARRANTY.
- If inspection by WAYNE does NOT disclose any defect covered by this LIMITED WARRANTY, the burner or burner component(s) will be either repaired or replaced at the expense of the customer and WAYNE’s regular charges will apply.
- If the original manufacturer of a burner component offers a warranty greater than either of our LIMITED WARRANTIES described above, then this portion will be added to our LIMITED WARRANTY.
This LIMITED WARRANTY does NOT cover products which have been damaged as the result of accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper installations, improper maintenance or failure to operate in accordance with WAYNE’s written instructions.
These LIMITED WARRANTIES do not extend to anyone except the first purchaser at retail and only when the burner is in the original installation site.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE LIMITED EXPRESS WARRANTIES CONTAINED HEREIN. WAYNE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS AND EXCLUDES ANY LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Also, some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. WAYNE neither assumes or authorizes any person to assume for WAYNE any other liability or obligation in connection with the sale of these products. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.